If fashion has always excited you yet being a fashion designer has never been part of your career plan, how can you make fashion a part of your profession? The wide range of employment opportunities that fashion has opened up is mind boggling. From marketing to journalism, PR to creative content, the scope of employment opportunities are huge.
Let’s train our guns on the opportunities for a fashion journalist upfront. One must understand that this is one of the most difficult industries to break into if you have no contacts in the fashion world. Perhaps the only way you might be able to do this is by virtue of a strong academic push. More than that I feel it is in places like this that the institute from which you passed could make all the difference.
Here is a list of the best journalism schools across US, which could arm you with the tools of the trade.
- University Of Southern California: Based in Los Angeles, it is home to some of the highest paid journalism graduates across the country. The Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism’s 20,000-square-foot digital newsroom is the highlight of the institution.
- Boston University: You get the opportunity to specialize in broadcast journalism, magazine journalism, online journalism or straight journalism. It has the distinction of being ranked 11 amongst the institutes around Massachusetts.
- Washington and Lee University: Ideal for those looking for a small school and relatively smaller class sizes, W&L is best known as a liberal arts college.
- Northwestern University: With journalism being the second most popular discipline, it also offers its students an opportunity for hands on residency program.
- New York University: Ranked 81 amongst 1300 plus colleges in US, journalism students also need to major in an additional field.
- Pepperdine University: Situated in the heart of Malibu, it has a small body of students, just above 7000.
- Northeastern University: Getting real life experience is the best part of graduating out of this institute and helps you establish personal rapport with potential employers after graduation.
A degree from one of these schools puts you well ahead of others in terms of advantage and edge over peers. Through the course of your educational experience, you need to pick up the skills that will help you break right into the heart of the fashion industry and make it big there.
Journalism though is not a great paying profession, it has a unique thrill that drives you. Needless to mention a cool degree from a renowned institute will give you a special edge over those aspirants.
Category: Fitness , Life